Lubricating a treadmill belt can dramatically extend the life of your treadmill. Additionally, it can assist in operating your treadmill belt at peak performance. Silicone lubricants are commonly used to lubricate a treadmill belt and keep the rollers in good working condition, but they aren’t the only option. There are various treadmills in which you can use treadmill lubricant alternatives like wax.
Waxing and silicone spray are two treadmill lubricant alternatives for reducing belt wear and tear caused by excessive friction between the belt and the deck.
Let’s start to discuss it details-
Table of Contents
Treadmill Lubricant Alternative
Silicone spray or wax can be used as treadmill lubricant alternative. The wax is available as a powder or a bar, and the spray is available as a separate liquid.
1. Waxing the Treadmill Deck
Some treadmill owners favor waxing the treadmill deck since it is easy to clean before relubrication. Older machines might require a greater amount of wax than newer treadmills. As you have these two wax options (wax powder or a bar), determine which one is more suitable for you and how to apply it.
- Wax Powder: Loosen the treadmill belt by loosening the back roller. After that, add some wax powder between the belt and the deck. Do the same thing on both sides of the track. Then tighten the belt and allow the treadmill to run at a low pace for some time to distribute the lubricant uniformly.
Best Treadmill Wax Powder
- Can use for 3+ applications
- Eliminates squeaky sounds
- Easy to apply
- Easy to clean before relubrication
- Reduces friction
- Wax Stick or Bar: Warm up the treadmill by running on it for around 15 to 20 minutes before applying the wax stick or bar. Apply lubricant to both the sides of the treadmill deck, and ensure that the lubricant has reached all the way across. Be careful not to get any on the floor or belt to avoid any accidents of slipping. Using a towel, wipe away any extra lubrication.
2. Lubricating the Treadmill Deck
The majority of treadmill manufacturers recommend lubricating the treadmill’s belt with 100% silicone. Silicone is a synthetic substance that is found in many products. Lubrication is just one of many uses for silicone. Silicone lubricants are available in two forms: spray and liquid. The spray is easier to use.
Here are the steps you need to follow when lubricating with a 100% silicone spray.
- Remove the spray tube’s cap and fix spray nozzle on it.
- With one hand, lift and hold the belt while spraying the lubricant towards the center of the belt.
- Use your hand to turn a portion of the belt from the underside and spray again.
- Repeat steps 2-3 on the opposite side of the belt.
You can use the same procedure if you have a 100% liquid silicone lubricant.
Best Silicon Lubricant
Spot On Silicone Lubricant is the best silicone lubricant. During the application, it provides excellent flow control. It contributes to noise reduction and has a cap design that is simple to open and close. The squeezable treadmill lubrication comes in two dispensing choices.
The design of the caps is matched with the viscosity of silicone and provides optimal flow control. Using the 8-inch extension tube cap, you can lubricate the whole length of the conveyor belt. When applying this, there is no need to loosen the belt.
This is the best lubricant for all treadmills that require silicone-based lubrication. It is protected from damage during transportation by a ribbed flat cap. You can purchase the product with confidence as it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Made in the USA
- Original innovative applicator tube
- Universal 100% silicone
- Can use for 4+ applications
- Eliminates mess
- Non-toxic and odorless
Other Lubricants for Treadmill Use
Here are some alternative lubricants for a treadmill that can be utilized for this purpose. The use of these lubricants, however, should only be done if the treadmill manufacturer recommends it. Improper lubricants can harm the machine and shorten its lifespan.
- Cooking oil: Any sort of oil, such as olive, canola, or coconut.
- Vaseline: It is a universal lubricant that works well in all scenarios.
- Grease for Automobiles: This is a highly rated automotive standard grease.
- White Lithium Grease: This is also an excellent lubricant.
- Teflon Spray: This is commonly used in autos.
- PTFE Spray: This might not be the best solution for treadmill lubrication.
- Dielectric Grease: This is a type of grease that is ideal for use on treadmills.
Warning Before Using Treadmill Lubricant Alternative
- New treadmill models do not require lubrication because they are factory coated with a high-performance lubricant. Treadmills like ProForm, NordicTrack, and Weslo are pre-lubricated with no needed further lubrication.
- Avoid using petroleum-based lubricants, which have a strong odor, can induce headaches and damage the treadmill.
Every treadmill has a unique method for lubricating the surface. So, we recommend reading your treadmill’s owner’s manual for lubrication instructions. You can use a treadmill lubricant alternative to lubricate your treadmill after reading the manual of your brand.
Additionally, contact the manufacturer to ensure you are using it properly. If you use the wrong type of lubricant, your walking belt will be damaged rather than protected.
You Can Also Read: